Terms & conditions
About Howard Kennedy
Howard Kennedy is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (No OC 361417) and is authorised and regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our registered office is at No.1 London Bridge, London, SE1 9BG, UK and our VAT number is GB 108285810.
Use of Our Careers Website
- Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend or suspend some or all of the services we provide on our website without notice.
- The materials available on this Website including without limitation all text, graphics, images and sounds are protected by copyright or other applicable intellectual property rights. The owner of such rights is Howard Kennedy or its licensors as the case may be.
- You may download, store and use the documents available on this Website for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make any material on this Website available to any other party on-line, in hard copy or on any other electronic or physical media without our express prior written consent. You may not translate, or modify any material on this Website. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on our Website must always be acknowledged.
- The "Howard Kennedy LLP" "Howard Kennedy" names and logos, and any other graphics and marks (whether registered or unregistered) used on this site by us ("Our Trade Names"), are protected by law. Our Trade Names must not be used in association with the products or services of a third party or in a manner which could, either directly or indirectly, discredit us, this Website or a third party. All other trademarks and trade names (including trade names and logos belonging to our clients and third parties) remain the intellectual property of their respective owners whose rights are similarly asserted.
- You must not use any method that could hinder use of this Website by any person nor access or attempt to access any private communication, document, data or other material without Howard Kennedy's express prior written consent.
- You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack or otherwise.
- Our Website must not be framed on any other site.
Limitation of liability
- We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We accept no responsibility for any errors, omissions, delays, or losses including loss of data during or as a result of interruptions to the service.
- We will be under no liability to users in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of services supplied by us.
- We accept no liability whatsoever for the misuse of users' login details or passwords. You agree to notify Howard Kennedy if your password is lost, stolen, disclosed to an unauthorised third party, or otherwise compromised. You agree that you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account.
- These terms and conditions are subject to warranties and liabilities that cannot by law be disclaimed and Howard Kennedy's liability for any breach of a condition in relation to supply by it of services to users is limited to, at Howard Kennedy's option, supply of the services again, or the payment of the cost of supplying the services again.
- Howard Kennedy will not be liable for any loss caused by a failure to complete an application.
- Users warrant that all information they provide on the site is accurate, does not breach any law or the rights of any person.
- Howard Kennedy will not be liable for any damages (including direct, indirect, consequential, incidental and exemplary), if a candidate is not given, or does not obtain a job for any reason or if there is any deficiency or inaccuracy in the site attributable to a lack of maintenance of the site or in relation to the accuracy, sufficiency or otherwise of your application.
- All users warrant that they have not relied on any representation made by Howard Kennedy which has not been expressly stated in these terms and conditions, or upon any descriptions, illustrations or specifications contained in any document including publicity material produced by Howard Kennedy.
- On lodging material, users indemnify Howard Kennedy and its officers, employees and agents against any claim, demand, injury, direct or indirect damage, loss or cost, liability, right of action or claim for compensation in contract, under statute or in tort (including negligence) made against or suffered by any of those indemnified arising, in whole or in part, as a result of your application, or any activity that is expressed in these terms and conditions to be the responsibility of the user, or breach of these terms and conditions.
- Howard Kennedy does not monitor your data or transmissions, yet, Howard Kennedy does actively monitor accounts for system utilisation. Upon any breach of this agreement, or inappropriate use of Howard Kennedy services as determined by Howard Kennedy in its sole discretion, Howard Kennedy reserves the right to terminate your registration. Howard Kennedy's preferred course of action is to advise you of your inappropriate use or breach of this agreement and recommend any necessary corrective action.
- Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that material available for download from the Website is free from viruses, worms or other malicious or disruptive code or devices, we cannot guarantee that such is the case and we accept no liability for damage caused or data lost.
- Any hyperlinks to other websites are provided for convenience only, and Howard Kennedy assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the contents of those other websites linked to, or any products or services advertised or sold on those websites.
- Subject to clause 15 below, in no event will Howard Kennedy be liable for any injury, loss, claim, damages or any special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind (including without limitation loss of profits or contracts, loss of data, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time or loss of income or revenue) arising out of or in connection with your access to, or use of the Website, any material on the Website or any materials or services available from the Website, whether based in contract, tort and whether negligent or otherwise, even if Howard Kennedy has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Users of the Website shall not be entitled to make any claim personally against any individual connected to Howard Kennedy (including its Partners, solicitors and other staff) in respect of relevant loss or damage and, on behalf of such individuals, all such liability is disclaimed accordingly.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit the liability of Howard Kennedy for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Howard Kennedy, nor for fraud or any other liability which cannot be lawfully excluded.
- You agree that these Terms and any dispute arising in any way in relation to the Website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England &Wales.
- Save where prohibited by law, you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England & Wales.
- In the event that any provision in these Terms is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions which shall be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and Howard Kennedy relating to the subject matter hereof (save for any formal retainer you may have with Howard Kennedy) and supersede any prior understanding or agreement regarding the Website.
- We reserve the right to alter these Terms at any time, without prior notice. Any modification will take effect immediately, either by the modified agreement being displayed, or by notification. You agree to check these Terms regularly for modifications and additions.
- Certain offers or services available on the Website may have additional terms and conditions, as published on the Website. A material breach of such terms and conditions by you will amount to a material breach of these Terms.
- The provisions of these Terms on intellectual property, liability and jurisdiction shall remain in force if these Terms expire or are terminated.
- No failure or delay by us in exercising any of our rights under these Terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of that right and no waiver by us of any breach by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- No third party shall have the right to enforce any provision of these Terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Howard Kennedy LLP
No 1 London Bridge
SE1 9BG UK
+44 (0)20 3755 6000
Last updated: 18 June 2020